On the Social Action track you'll volunteer for about 24 hours each week at 2-4 different regular volunteering jobs, most of which are located a short walk from the apartments. You'll have 3 volunteering days each week.
Some examples of past volunteering opportunities in the Social Action Track:
- An after-school program for 3rd and 4th graders who have learning or behavioral problems in the classroom, or come from broken homes and difficult family situations
- A daycare for developmentally disabled toddlers
- Tutoring English in a high school in an underprivileged neighborhood
- Teaching English to refugees, assylum seekers and migrant workers who are preparing for matriculation exams.
- Implementing physical activities for children born with disabilities, or people who have become disabled in terror attacks or military conflicts
- Tutoring English in the neighborhood elementary school in Kiryat Shalom
- Working in a non-government funded daycare for children of migrant workers.
In addition to these regular volunteer opportunities, throughout the year, there may arise special short-term volunteer projects for those interested.