Tikkun Olam Social Action track immerses its participants in the multi-cultural communities of southern Tel Aviv in which they volunteer and study.
The Social Action track:
- Offers a first-hand experience of life in the struggling neighborhoods in southern Tel Aviv.
- Takes inspiration for its activities from the humanistic aspects of the Judaic tradition.
- Works with a broad spectrum of people from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, such as foreign workers from Southeast Asia, refugees from Darfur and Eritrea, Jewish immigrants from Central Asia and Eastern Europe, and more.
- Seeks to strengthen the bonds between Jews in Israel and Jews in the Diaspora, and explore the idea of "Jewish Peoplehood."
- Invites its participants to study the state of Israeli society today and ask pertinent questions.
Tikkun Olam in Tel Aviv-Jaffa is supported by the Government of the State of Israel, the Jewish Agency for Israel and the Municipality of Tel Aviv-Jaffa.